My mom made this casserole when she came to visit us with my sisters and aunt. You can see their little faces in the laddle. :D It looks quite complicated, but you just need to know the title of food to make it. All you need are kimchi and mushrooms. Yes, I just lied, but I have to say other additional ingredients are only basic and/or optional.
For 4 servings
dried anchovies (13)
dried kelp (4)
water (7 cups)
Napa cabbage kimchi (3 cups, cut large)
mushrooms, a combination of different kinds (2 cups)
udon noodles (2 blocks) optional
fishcakes (3 cups) optional
chili paste (2 tbl)
1. Bring dried andchovies and kelps into boil in water.
2. Remove kelps right away when it starts boiling.
3. Let anchovies boil five more minutes and remove them, leaving the broth only.
4. In a wide pot, pour the broth and place kimchi, mushroom and fishcakes.
5. Cook for about 10 minutes. Stir in chili paste to your taste.
6. Add noodles 3 minutes before serving.