Red pepper oil is an important ingredient for the very widely popular Soft Tofu Soup. It could be also added to stir-fried dishes or kimchi based soups to boost some spicy flavor.
There are many ready-to-use red pepper oils in market and I just buy them. Or, it could be easily made on your stove top by following the instructions below.
For 2 cup of Red pepper oil:
vegetable oil (2cup)
chili powder (2cup)
dried chili (2, sliced)
leek (1/2 stick sliced)
ginger (1/3, sliced)
garlic (2 cloves, sliced)
1. Heat vegetable oil just until you could feel the warmth. (Do not bring to boil.)
2. Add the ingredients above.
3. Simmer in low heat for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat just before the color turns dark.
5. Drain oil
6. Store in a glass bottle and keep in a cool shady place.