Lazy Saturday afternoon, I perused through my kitchen cabinet and refrigerator, trying to make up a combination of ingredients that would make an easy snack without having to go to a market. I spotted scallion on the bottom drawer. I just needed flour and some oil to make this scallion pancake. I had them all, don't you?
For 2 servings:
scallion, chopped (1/2cup)
warm water (3/4cup)
Sesame oil, olive oil
For Dipping Sauce:
soy sauce (6tbl)
Tip: Balsamic vinegar also makes a wonderful vinegary dipping sauce.
- Sift flour. Make a dough with warm water and some salt. Let it sit for 20 minutes in a plastic bag.
- Continue rolling, turning and stretching the dough until the dough turns a large flat oval.
- Brush sesame oil or butter on one side leaving the outer edges dry. Sprinkle the chopped scallions onto the oily surface.
- Roll the dough to a tube and fold into an S-shape.
- Overlay one half of the 'S' onto the other half.
- Press the dough flat into a large circle oval or a heart :D
- On a frying pan, cook the flattened dough in oil.
Welcome iceman. Yea, they are pretty good :D
Lovely, it's making me hungry! Nice to find your blog!
Post a Comment